Saturday, November 21, 2009

True Life: True Life!

Last night I caught an episode of MTV's "True Life" called "I Can't Leave my Boyfriend."

The episode featured 20-year-old Grace and her attempts to leave her 41-year-old boyfriend, Hangman (pictured).

Before writing this review, I found Hangman's blog and read his reaction to the episode. He went through familiar motions: he referenced the cutting room floor, defended the parts of his relationship with Grace that viewers didn't get to see, and finally had the usual compliments for "haters."

Then I asked myself: what could possibly be on the cutting room floor that would change how I felt about this relationship? What that I "didn't get to see" would make this better?

So, without further ado, my ten favorite moments of this episode and Hangman's blog:

1. Grace describing Hangman as "10 out of 10 good-looking."
2. Grace, sick of staying in and eating take-out Chinese food every night, implores Hangman to take her on a real date. He takes her to the Chinese restaurant that they order from every night.
3. At the restaurant, Hangman orders for her.
4. Grace: I may move back to Pennsylvania. Hangman: No.
5. Grace talking in baby-talk constantly.
6. On Hangman's 41st birthday, Grace gets to meet his mom for the first time. I got to discover that Hangman still lives at home.
7. Hangman: Top hats run in my family.
8. This over-capitalized gem from Hangman's blog: "Fortunately my artwork is admired and I have an International reputation. My work is shown in galleries from here to across the Seas [...] Some people might even go so far to say that I am the coolest person they have ever met."
9. Despite complaining bitterly about the reality TV process, you can find Hangman, not just on "True Life," but auditioning for "I Want to Work for Diddy." Sorry, once you have actively sought out the reality TV path, you lose the right to complain about it.
10. On his blog, Hangman asks his "fans" to "pray for a spin-off."

I found some videos from the episode here.

16 comments:

  1. Does Hangman look like that all the time or did he just create that look for a photo? Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like that all the time! Very Hagrid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're hilarious Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This guy depresses me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracie M she's a looker...
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Grace is way too good for this guy. What does he even do for a living? and why can't he cut his hair and clean up and lose weight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hangman is an a⚡⚡hole, not to mention a fat fuçk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watching the big, fat dork "Hangman" shovel that b'day cake in his mouth while Grace sat and observed like an obedient puppy, I realized she's just as crazy as he is. She just happens to be a naive 20 year old being preyed upon by a 40 year old lech. Grace's dad needs to go get his gun IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw this episode tonight. He's definitely a predator. And there's obviously something wrong with Grace since she baby talks someone twice her age. Disaster.

    Thanks for the top 10 list lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boyfriend and I find Hangman and his squealy girlfriend endlessly amusing...I'm glad we're not the only ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just caught a portion of this program now as I was flipping channels and just had to look this guy up. He such a disgusting individual I can't even believe it. Is she DELUSIONAL!? That guy isn't even a -1 on the good-looking scale. So gross. Her parents should intervene, and "Hangman" needs a reality check.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This "Hangman" character is a sociopath. He is controlling, flips from nice to evil very quickly, isolates her from others.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just took this girl Grace out on a date, after working with her on a promotional event. She's super sweet and has moved on, but the baby-talk repulsed me and I never called for the 2nd date. lol. Ps, i'm no "hangman" but at least maybe she stepped it up. www.twitter.com/brent3d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's her last name? I have been trying to get a hold of her for a long time!

      Delete
    2. Can u have her check her myspace. I hit her up on there but not sure if she checks it. Thanks bro

      Delete
  14. "hangman" needs his fat ass kicked. the puss gutted retard who lives at home needs to go to they gym,go back to school..or be a counerperson a a sex shop cause clearly the boy just "aint rite in the head"..
    and gracie,,,F!..id liketo show her the sunny side of life.....im a F'in rockstar compared to fuknutz..Jus SaYin!

    ReplyDelete