Sunday, October 11, 2009

Haiku Review: "My Fake Fiance" on ABC Family


"My Fake Fiance"
Melissa Joan Hart, Joe Lawrence
Where have you guys been?

Real review: I know this movie has been out for awhile, but I just caught it the other day. I was pleasantly surprised.* Some scenes made me laugh out loud. However, the bumbling mob boss and cronies brought in for comic relief were just too much. Maybe it's law school. Maybe it's my intense fear of real life bad guys. But cronies riding around on segues don't make me laugh. Further, a mob boss hiding in plain sight by dressing and acting like a stereotypical mob boss just makes me incredulous.

Overall, the Boyfriend and the Sophisticate give it two thumbs up.

*Does "surprised" permit any descriptors other than "pleasantly?" Likewise, can you be any kind of "optimistic" other than "cautiously?"

2 comments:

  1. I love this movie, too! Definitely a guilty pleasure.

    Keep blogging, Sophisticate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "cronies riding around on segues"

    Heeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete