Sunday, October 4, 2009

True Life: "The Last Song" Release Date Has Been Pushed Back...


...and my sister is distraught.

The movie, starring Miley Cyrus, based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks, and produced by Touchstone pictures, was originally slotted to come out on January 8th. It seems that the new release date is April 2nd.

Since the seismic announcement of the delayed release, I have been in near-constant communication with my Miley-loving sister. Here is an excerpt of the conversation in which she broke the news to me. When I told her that I can wait until April to see the movie, she responded like this:

little sister: ARE YOU CRAZY! We've got to see that movie! I'm not giving up without a fight! I'd do anything for you to see that movie! Think about the movie! Miley! ME! I'm calling for protest for moving the movie different date next year! HELP!!!!
I mean, it's very important to us! I'm not giving up on you or the movie!
Get that!
6:41 PM Sorry. Just trying to show my demonstration of courage and determination!
I'm very really serious, through.
6:42 PM sophisticate: ok, i understand
well, i need to go to school soon
little sister: Check some resources about the mis dating movie!
6:43 PM sophisticate: ok, i will
but i have to run, now
i can call you later
talk to you soon!
little sister: Oh, yeah. More school work to distract you from not getting involve our mission to save our movie. No problem, I guess! Don't forget!
Talk to you soon too! Bye! I love you!
6:44 PM me: love you too!
ttys!
little sister: Tell [the boyfriend] about this! He can do something about to save our movie! We have a movie to save from moving away! HELP [THE BOYFRIEND]!

As promised, I did some google-ing and confirmed that the release date had been changed. I emailed my sister with this confirmation and some words of encouragement. I received this reply:

"I don't want to believe this! I'm not giving up without the movie's mid-date permission! HELP!!!
Love from your desperate sister,
[redacted]
PS Love you! Got any more brillant ideas to stop the movie from moving? I still need your supportive! Tell [the boyfriend]! Maybe he can help! Email me back soon!"

Eventually my little sister pulled my other sister into the drama as well. When my practical-minded other sister suggested that the little one write a letter to Touchstone Pictures, the little one had some concerns:

little sister: I could try, I don't think Mom will allow it, according to the law. What will happen if we break a law. We could be in big trouble with Mom and maybe President Obama. (sigh) Got any ideas to cheer me up?
other sister: Maybe go watch a Mile Cyrus movie?

Readers, got any ideas to cheer a little sister up?



1 comment:

  1. According to IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1294226/releaseinfo), the movie will be released a day earlier in Germany. Perhaps a spring-time European vacation will cheer her up?

    ReplyDelete