Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Perfect Bath


A bath solves many problems of the mind. Stressed? Sad? Don't know how to connect two paragraphs in your latest paper? Try a little hydrotherapy. Float around in the hot water; as your muscles unclench, your thoughts will follow.

That's my philosophy, anyway.

To that end, I strive to achieve the perfect bath. I have tried many combinations of luxury items at bath time over the years.

Age 5: Pink bubble bath from Grandma's house and a small Korean*
Age 10: Hershey's miniature candy bars and a fantasy novel
Age 20: Ice cold coca-cola and Clay Aiken music

Now, at age 25, the perfect bath is within reach!

Here are my current recommendations for the almost perfect bath:

1. Use a bath caddy. The Boyfriend got me this one from Pottery Barn for Christmas. I recommend it because it fits on tubs situated against a wall, not just free standing tubs, unlike many caddies. Also, this caddy has a stand for your book!



2. Try some aromatherapy. I love the stress relief products from Bath and Body Works. They use eucalyptus and spearmint essential oils to "relax your body and spirit." Don't you feel more relaxed just reading that? Also, the bubble bath product is also a body wash which you can use every day, so you only have one bottle taking up space in your bath area.



3. Sip a delicious, sweet white wine. I like Reislings, but I like my wine to taste like dessert, and I know that isn't everyone's taste.



4. Read something that has nothing to do with your life. Read a novel. Read a celebrity gossip magazine. Under no circumstances should you try to read the Federal Income Tax Code. It will break your caddy.

Nota bene: For college students reading this post and cursing their bathtub-less dorm rooms, you can achieve many of the same results through use of a nice electric blanket. Substitute candles for the the aromatherapeutic bubble bath, if candles are allowed in your dorm, if not, use essential oil diffusers.


*My little sister

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Miss Sophisticate!

    Doesn't that just make you want to curl up and forget about the world?

    ReplyDelete