Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Night

Article of the Day: Harry Potter wins over some of his religious critics.

Read about it here.

Great Cookie Competition: Lemon Kisses

My kitchen is starting to look like a cookie graveyard. Lemon meringue recipe from Sandra Lee's "Semi-Homemade" cookbook was a bust. Per the madre's suggestion, I bought an oven thermometer today and discovered that my apartment oven runs 25 degrees hotter than it should. Well, as my professor-boss says in echoing tones, "Onward!"

Upcoming Blog Feature: The "You Pick Two" Review

I love Panera. The Boyfriend and I eat dinner at Panera at least once a week. Before I starting eating at Panera so much, I looked like this:



And now I look like this:



Ok, Panera won't really turn you into Keira Knightley. Nor can I claim any medical benefits, like Jared can for Subway. "But, actually," as an Austrian friend of mine used to say, Subway Jared and I are opposites. Where he needed a weight-loss diet, I just need a food-in diet. That's where Panera comes in. The food is delicious and always appeals to me.

One of the best things about Panera is the "You Pick Two" option, where you can order any two of the following: a half sandwich, a cup of soup, or a salad. Think of all the delicious combinations!

Actually, you can relax, because I will think of them for you and review them here. So, as another friend says, "watch this space."

Back to school tomorrow after a lovely weekend.




(Image of Keira Knightley reproduced without permission from blogs.phillynews.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment